Friday, April 8, 2016

CREATING PRETTY CARDS - CARD CHALLENGE #58

This month's sketch for Creating Pretty Cards - Card Challenge #58 is really fun and easy!  Check it out:
After UPS dropped off a big box of new products, I had quite a lot of stamp set choices.  Choosing the color of my roses took a little time and practice but, in the end, I settled for Soft Sky, Marina Mist, and Night of Navy.  You can't tell from the photo, but the popped-up rose (the one surrounded by two leaves) has been brushed with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and has a beautiful shimmer.  I had been on the fence about the Picture Perfect stamp set.  I enjoy two-step stamping, but this set has three- and four-step stamping and, I thought, could be challenging.  It helps tremendously that the stamps are clear, and all of the layered colors produce a beautiful image. 
I only used three of the stamped layers for my hummingbird because I could never seem to get the third layer properly placed to my liking.  The colors that I chose may have been to blame for not liking the third layer, but I think the hummingbird looks just fine the way he is.  It's not necessary to distress the edges of the stamped layers--I just happen to like that look.  I really enjoyed this sketch, which was designed by Monika Davis, for Craft Project Central.  Did you know that for every 10 cards that are uploaded for Creating Pretty Cards - Card Challenge #58, a winner will be selected to receive a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central?  I hope that you will accept the challenge!  Just create your card and upload it HERE.



2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Regina. Love the pretty blue flower clustered in the corner... and oh, that bird... so sweet and pretty. Thank you for using the April sketch.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Regina, I like the way you did the hummingbird- without that third layer, it allows him to float on the backkground! Beautiful card!