Monday, July 27, 2015

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

It's Monday, and that means I get to share a project that was a snap to make.  Now that wood-mount stamps are a minority in my stamp room, I sometimes forget the four or five sets that are in the old style cases and located away from the majority of my stamps.  Work of Art, the stamp set that I used for this card, actually came in one of Stampin' Up!'s latest style of cases; however, it was a real booger to situate the stamps "just so" in that case, so my solution was to just give them a slightly more spacious home to save my nerves.  Truth is . . . I really, really, really love this stamp set!  For my card, I used Soft Sky ink to create the flower and then the Elegant Dots embossing folder provided a subtle texture.  The1-1/4" Scallop Circle punch was used to cut a scrap of Hello Honey card stock for the center, and then rhinestone jewels were added.  I stamped the chevron image using Soft Sky ink on a scrap of Whisper White card stock, and then used Hello Honey ink to stamp the sentiment on that scrap.  After tearing one edge and curling the other, I folded the Soft Sky thick twine in half, wrapped it around the sentiment layer, and tied the ends in a knot.  And voila . . . this pretty little card was done.
Have a happy Monday and a fabulous week!

No comments: