Tuesday, November 25, 2014

CREATING PRETTY CARDS - CARD CHALLENGE #41

Each month, Craft Project Central has a Creating Pretty Cards - Card Challenge, and I liked this month's sketch so much that I wanted to make another card for the challenge.  You can see my first card HERE.  I've made all kinds of cards in the past, but I don't recall ever making a card where the layers were positioned in the top left corner as is called for with Card Challenge #41.  I love this sketch, and I actually really, really liked the way this card turned out.  Each step of the way, I had no idea what I would do next.  The first thing that I did was stamp the leaf image (For all Things stamp set) using Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, and Island Indigo ink, and I then embossed the stamped card stock with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder.  The die-cut house image (Holiday Home stamp set, Homemade Holiday Framelits) was colored with markers, and then I used the same colors of card stock to create the banner.  The Island Indigo and Pear Pizzazz layers were assembled onto the Naturals Ivory card, and tiny linen thread bows were adhered to the ends of the banner.  

Have you created a card for this month's Creating Pretty Cards - Card Challenge #41?  If you create a card and upload it to the web site, your name will be entered into a drawing for a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central!  For every 10 cards uploaded to the web site, a winner will be selected!